Set Your Favorite Homepage in Your Internet Browser
The homepage is the first page you see when you start your internet browser. You will often find a search box on a start page in which you can search for what you want to find on the internet directly from the start page.
That is sufficient if you are handy and creative with finding the right keywords and queries. But that is not the case with everyone. Setting the homepage can be a smart idea.
How to manually set a homepage on Google Chrome?
In Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, there is a difference between the home page and the tab page. The homepage is the page that you see when you start your internet browser. You will see the tab page as soon as you open a new tab.
In addition to the tab page and the home page, both browsers also have something called the Home button. The tab page is shown to you when you click the Home button. That is if you have enabled the Home button in your browser.
The only page you can actually change to what you want is the home page. In Google Chrome you can change the homepage as follows:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the button with the 3 dots below each other on the far right next to the address bar.
- A drop-down menu opens. Click the Settings
- In the left column of the Settings page, click the on startup
- On the On Startuppage, click the radio button that appears for Open a specific page or set of pages.
- A link called Add a new page
- A pop-up window will now open in which you can enter the internet address of the website you want as your homepage. Enter the web address and press the Enter button to confirm the entry or press the Add
Now every time you start Google Chrome, the website of your choice will be displayed on the homepage.
Manually set a home page in Microsoft Edge
In Microsoft Edge, you can change the start page in a similar way. Which is as follows:
- Launch Microsoft Edge
- Click on the 3 consecutive dots on the far right of the address bar
- This opens a drop-down menu. In the drop-down menu, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, in the left column, click the Home, Home, and New tabs options.
- Click the radio button to Open these pages and then click the Add a new page button.
- A pop-up window is displayed. In the input box in this window, enter the Internet address of the website you want to appear on the homepage, then click the Add button.
Now whenever you restart Microsoft Edge, the home page of your choice will be displayed
Shahzaib is a tech enthusiast with expertise in gaming PCs and top-brass about machinery & gadgets. As a senior content maker at SaimDeals, he finds the glossy novel gadgets for you and genuinely reviews them for your next BIG electro-upgrade. Explore for the best PC mice, gear, cases, RAMs, and more.