Data science is a hard field to be in. Collecting, analyzing and reproducing results.
Laptops play a vital role in your progress and everyone looks around for the best laptops for data science.
Machines don’t learn by themselves you have to feed them data, run models and give your life.
You need a hard performing rugged and well-built machine that doesn’t let you down.
To make life easier for you we have searched and got some of the best options for you on the market.
Acer Predator Helios 300
- Righ Performance
- Rich in Colors
- Amazing Ghraphic
- 5 hours Battery
ASUS ROG 16GB DDR4, 1TB
- Full HD
- 7200 RPM HDD
- Stromg Performance
- 4 Hours Battery
- High Speed
Asus Chromebook Flip
- 14 Inches
- Touch Display
- 9 Hour Battery
- USB C Port
Laptop makers have been adding power and features into their machines that make them attractive and well renowned among the scholars. Data collection, model projections, and then analyzing the acquired data is a painstaking and very tiring job. You can not rely on laptops that are not up to the task. You need a special machine.
List Of Best Laptop For Data Science
Acer cuts the chase with Acer Predator Helios 300. It is a gaming laptop but it sure can be put to better uses. Powerful CPU, GPU, and a stable machine at affordable prices.
It’s easily upgradable if you want to improve on its already powerful platform. But if you are not into hardcore data rendering you got a notebook for a steal.
- Acer Predator Helios 300’s design is in line with Acer’s other budget gaming laptops. Like others, it has Plastic and Aluminium built too.
- You lift the lid to discover no sweeping changes from some of the previous models but its sure has the more powerful, bigger and better engine.
- It has a black metal lid with Blue stripes on both ends of the Predator logo. Acer has ditched red in favor of blue for this one.
- A small plastic bumper on the top of the lid feels out of place and cheaper than the aluminum that is around it.
- It is a well-chiseled, engaging design and a good balance of plastic metal and rubber.
- Aluminum keyboard deck and display lid provide the premium look, for the downside their matte finishes picks up fingerprints and you have to wipe it clean quite often.
- It weighs at a little over 5 pounds making it a bit heavy for the female section of the society.
LED-backlit 15.6” widescreen, Full HD IPS display at 16:9 aspect ratio with 144Hz Refresh Rate is available.
It is nicely lit with 300nit brightness far above the many other laptops that are in the market. Covers over 72 percent NTSC and is impressive while watching the movies and for the games.
It is equipped with all of the ports a researcher may need to build a better world.
You receive 1 USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 port, 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports, 1 HDMI 2.0 Port with HDCP Support and 1 1 Mini Display Port 1.4.
Disappointingly there is no card reader neither a Thunderbolt at hand.
It is one of the most impressive feature of the machine its got see-through backlit housing concave-shaped keycap.
For WASD it features two integral keys to take note and then there are Turbo and PredatorSense buttons to take control of your gaming at truly a touch of the button.
If you ignore the plastic and get to the real thing you sure are in for a treat.
Armed with 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
It sure does provide you the ability to work with big data at unprecedented speed.
It also hosts NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM.
Racks in 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 256GB PCIe NVMe and an extra 1 Available Hard Drive Bay.
All at a bargain price of almost $1100.
It lacks in the power department. All of its features put a heavy drain on its battery and it goes out quite quickly within 5 hours time frame. So you need to keep it wired to a power source for continuous performance.
- Great performance
- Rich colors and vivid display
- Amazing graphics
- PredatorSense for better control over the machine
- No PWM for PWM sensitive people.
- Plastic lets it down
- Disappointing battery life
- Stuttered and somewhat muted audio.
- No SD Card reader
It an amazingly performing machine. You can really have a look at the details of your work. Especially graphics and data rendering. You can rely on this machine for all your big data-related tasks and will be quite comfortable.
Like Acer, Asus is a big name in the market for the high-performance laptop market.
It has introduced a number of machines over the last many years that have outpaced its competitors.
Asus ROG GL552 combines strong performance with a stylish, stealth-fighter-theme based chassis, a wide-ranging color display and a happy to work on, keyboard.
- It F 22 fighter inspired slick Aluminium lid welcomes you as soon as you receive your machine. Compare to other this at At 15.1 x 10.1 x 1.3 inches, the system is a little heavier than similar 15-inch gaming devices.
- weighing 5.6 pounds, the GL 552 is at the mid of the range that other devices are at.
- Adding to the dark metal deck, there is a hint of silver that Asus has put to enhance the overall aesthetics. Its fine detailing work on the left end keeps you aware to remain clear of that quickly heating area.
It has a greatly accurate, bright display screen which brings in some of the best immersive experience with its matte coating on the non-touch screen.
Featuring a 15.6 inch IPS FHD screen with 272 nits brightness it falls short of 289 nits standard.
Perfect for both movies and gaming It provides vivid details that make it an ultimate choice for any researcher.
It has 1 USB2.0 port, 2 USB3.0 ports, HDMI, Ethernet, and an SD card slot. With the visible lack of Thunderbolt and other ports, you feel stuck and can not do much other than just charging it.
It features a red backlight for its keyboard and for W A S D there is another extra headline.
Typing on its plastic keys feels a bit uncomfortable and because of that 10 key num pad attached with the standard keyboard, space looks a bit cluttered.
Performance and Battery
Hosting 2.6-GHz Intel Core i7-6700 HQ CPU, 16GB RAM, and 1TB HDD, the GL552 is resoundingly at par with other machines in the same price range. As GL552 is armed with a 7,200 RPM HDD versus the 5,400 drives as compared to the V15 Nitro and the Inspiron 15 7000, its storage speeds are therefore three times faster.
With full brightness and rigorous browsing on wifi, it clocked over 4 hours and 40 minutes. Though not a very commendable time for high-end gaming laptop still it falls in line with what both Acer and Dell.
It is accessible online for your purchase.
Pros and cons are as below
- Strong performing
- Full HD
- 7200 RPM HDD
- Poor webcam
- Battery life needs serious improvement
- Gets really hot when gaming
It’s a top-notch high performing laptop that fits in most people’s budget. Though it has a low battery life still it performs amazingly thill the last moment.
Your data and models need a machine that can endure all that hard rendering.
Asus has the power and the expertise to come up with a performing machine and still not empty your bank account.
- Matte-silver aluminum finish with a shining chrome trim makes it one of the slickest looking machines in this price range.
- It starts with elegance and that speaks volumes of the quality and hard work Asus has put into this machine.
- As you open the lid you get an ultra-narrow almost bezel-less screen it sure is one of the most compact 14-inch laptops you will ever experience.
- It sure is not Macbook but its silver chrome combination makes it recognizable in a most distinguished way.
- It looks as if Asusu has been learning and has tried to build upon the C434’s predecessor.
- The design doesn’t throw you away but is a very welcoming soft one. It greets you with elegance.
- Inside the Flip C434, you find an aesthetically placed silver keyboard, chrome trim outlining the deck, touchpad, volume and power buttons, and the most important durable hinges.
With ultra-slim bezels, Flip C434’s proudly features a fairly bright and vivid a 1080p touch screen.
In 14 inch laptops its nothing short of a miracle especially in this price range.
People have complained about the brightness and the richness of the colors in the previous models.
And it looks as if the Asus has been listening, its good to find that Chromebook Flip C434’s panel is more vibrant than those on its predecessor.
With a peak rating of 286 nits, Flip 434’s screen is a lot brighter than the average Chromebook (235 nits) and it sure covers more area and has vibrant colors.
Being ultra-thin it lacks the room for much of the ports. But still manages to get all the essentials right. On the left, you get 1USB 3.1 Type-A port, a USB-C port, and a headphone jack.
And on the right, you see another USB-C port and a microSD card on the right side.
Large and nicely placed keys are the hallmark of the C343, the keyboard is spacious comfortable and stylish all at the same time. There is one downside you need to put a bit more force than usual to get the keys pressed properly.
Performance and Battery
Equipped with an Intel Core m3-8100Y CPU and 4GB of RAM you can easily multitask with. We streamed video at full brightness and still were able to browse the web without much hindrance.
Though you might notice some lag while switching between the tabs. But overall it does a great job.
It has a very impressive over 9 hours reaching up to 10 hours run time Battery which is good enough for and working day length. Asus has aced in this department also.
It is available online
Let’s discuss the pros and cons below
- Sleek and a very premium design
- Ultra-thin bezels
- Long and enduring battery life
- Most amazing screen display
- Keypad needs improvement
- It lays on the higher end of the price limit.
Let’s move to
Its another beauty from the Asus. It looks as if the Asus is on the diet and is producing slimmest laptops with regular intervals.
- Its made of Aluminium or one would say born with aluminum. Its solid metal, sleek and masterly designed.
- Magnesium alloy body and Its 2 tone black designed lid attract at first sight. Elegant matte and artistically brushed-aluminum coating split the lid diagonally.
- The ROG logo lights up and glows magenta when the laptop boots. As you lift the lid the underside lifts up also the mercy of the Asus Active Aerodynamic System. Accompanied by 2 RGB lights on each side.
- Zephyrus S is the world’s thinnest gaming laptop, and also is the lightest weighing only 4.6 pounds with 14.2 x 10.6 x 0.6 inches dimensions.
- Some of the others don’t really are that far behind but most of the competitors are way heavier than this.
It has an astonishing 15.6-inch, True color 144-Hz, Full HD 1080p panel. At 335 nits, It has one of the brightest screens among its competitors.
Zephyrus S’ panel achieves an impressive 113 percent of the sRGB color gamut.
It doesn’t have the most colourfull one, but. yes sure passes the brightness and screen test with ease.
With 355nit brightness, nothing stands in its way.
To maintain its thin appearance Asus has compromised on some of the ports. And had to use left, right and the back of the laptop to place those ports. Still, it got 5.
On the left, there’s the power jack, 1 USB Type-C port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and a headphone jack.
On the right 1 USB 3.1 port and 1USB Type-C/DisplayPort.
HDMI 2.0 port and a Kensington lock slot are to be found at the back of the laptop.
Aesthetically the keyboard looks stunning at first but when you actually start using it you get to know how uncomfortable and hard it is.
Keys are awkwardly leveled to that absent palm rest.
On top of it, you need to press harder to make those keys perform correctly.
Overall it is not the keyboard Asus should be used in this level of a performance laptop
Performance and Battery
It looks slim but it sure is strong. Intel Core i7-8750H processor, 16GB RAM, and a 512GB NVMe SSD are powerful enough to browse on a 40 tab length, a full HD youtube video and a movie streaming at the back all at the same time.
You don’t get a machine more multi-tasking than that in this budget.
On the battery front, Asus needs to work a bit because though it last long but lacks the power to meet some of the competitors.
In one of the tests, it only lasted a little over 3:30 hours while browsing and streaming the videos at full brightness.
You can order your machine easily online
The pros and cons are given below.
- Super thin design
- Great Magnesium alloy body
- Powerful performing machine
- Grainy webcam
- Uncomfortable keypad
You do not get a better machine in this price range. It has got almost everything one may seek
Powerful engine, immersive audio. Engaging screen., super thin, lightweight. If you don’t mind it’s keyboard it is the best fit for you.